This is Melissa McCarthy's recipe from Good Housekeeping Magazine. I tried it because DH is having Bariatric Surgery in May and he has to eat healthy purees post operativelly. He actually likes it, so I thought I would post it. Easy and delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix broccoli, succotash and 2 quarts chicken stock in a large stockpot(about 7-8 quarts).
- 2Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and seasoning to taste.
- 3Partially cover pot and bring to boil over medium heat.
- 4Reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- 5Puree with an immersion hand blender until slightly chunky.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melissa's 3-Step Veggie Soup
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.4
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 263.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 7.7 g