Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is Melissa McCarthy's recipe from Good Housekeeping Magazine. I tried it because DH is having Bariatric Surgery in May and he has to eat healthy purees post operativelly. He actually likes it, so I thought I would post it. Easy and delicious.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen broccoli, I use chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) bag frozen succotash
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- ground black pepper
- garlic powder
- Mix broccoli, succotash and 2 quarts chicken stock in a large stockpot(about 7-8 quarts).
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder and seasoning to taste.
- Partially cover pot and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Puree with an immersion hand blender until slightly chunky.