Recipe by Carol in Cabo
From Food Network Magazine Sept 12 edition, works well. Without Pork Shoulder I used Pernil, which is a lean boneless cut, and which matches the recipe although the photo showed bone-in. I also substituted chicken broth for the white wine.
Top Review by mums the word
This wasn't as flavourful as the crockpot recipe I normally use, but it was still good. I think it just lacked some spices. I will try it again and just add a some thyme or bay leaves. Thanks for posting.
- 4 lbs lean boneless pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the pork, dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper (be generous).
- Put into the slow cooker.
- Top with onions and garlic, add the broth or wine.
- Slow cook on low for 8 hours or until completely done.
- Pull pork apart with two forks.