Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Just got this from my friend Melinda back in Pennsylvania. She said to stand them up in a loaf pan to cook them. I used skewers to help hold them up.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 pork chops, bone-in
- Preheat oven to 275F/135°C.
- In a shallow dish or bowl, mix the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In another shallow dish or bowl, place the beaten egg.
- Put the breadcrumbs in another dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a large fry pan.
- Dredge each chop in the flour mixture, then the egg, then the breadcrumbs.
- Fry chops in oil about 2-3 minutes each side.
- Run a metal skewer through all chops and stand up in a loaf pan with the fat side of the chops facing up.
- Bake for 2 hours.
We liked these pork chops, but they were not special. The long cooking time means you have to plan an afternoon around them and they didn't taste better than more traditionally prepared chops. I'm glad I tried the recipe though, I've never baked meat at such a low temp and the process was interesting.