6 hrs 15 mins
Meliciously Good's Note:
I learned how to make this from my Mom growning up and tweaked it to my taste and use the crock pot for slow cooked tenderness. Sometimes I add a little more rue at the last hour for a really thick stew, or swap out the potatoes for yucca, and add some hot sauc for a more latin kick. it's all up to you liking.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs boneless beef cubes (cut into about 2 inch chunks)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 -2 cup carrot, cut into chunks
- 3 -4 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth, stock, 2 boullion cubes, dissolved in 4 cups water
- 2 -3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, to taste (optional but recomended)
- hot sauce, to taste (optional)
- 1/4 cup red wine (optional but recommended)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, if you are browning the meat first
FOR THICKER STEW
- 1Lightly salt and pepper the beef and coat with flour. You can do this in a plastic baggie for less of a mess.
- 2You have the option to either brown all sides of the meat cubes in some oil, or put them directly into the crock pot.
- 3Add the rest of the ingredients into the crock pot. If you are using the boullion it is best to grate it into the corck pot so that it will disolve more easily.
- 4Cook on low for 9-10 hours or on high for 5-6 hours.
- 5FOR A THICKER STEW:.
- 645 mins - 1 hour before stew is done, melt 2 tablespoons of butter (or 1/4 cup butter blend, such as heart smart) in a pan and add 1/4 cup flour. Wisk until thick and bubbly.
- 7Laddle a few spoonfuls of stew liquid into pan and blend. Pour mxture into crock pot and genlte stir. Cook until thick. Enjoy.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Meliciously Good Crock Pot Beef Stew
Serving Size: 1 (427 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1263.4
- Calories from Fat 1047
- Total Fat 116.4 g
- Saturated Fat 47.5 g
- Cholesterol 160.4 mg
- Sodium 132.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 16.6 g