Recipe by Georgia Girl
Yummy and something just a little different.This recipe was one of Mama's--the origin lost in the mists of time. If I had to make a guess, I'd say Southern Living magazine or cookbook was a good probability.
- 6 large carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) canunsweetened sliced apples
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon apple pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel the carrots and boil in salted water until tender.
- Slice the carrots into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with a vegetable oil spray, then combine the carrots and apples in the dish.
- Sprinkle evenly with the white and brown sugars and with the apple pie spice.
- Dot with the butter.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.