Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
I have had this recipe laying around for months. Finally tried it and it is lovely. It says it's from the kitchen of Linda Bosshardt--couldn't tell you where it originally came from, but it's quick and it's moist and we loved it.
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 425.24 g box melba toast (crushed)
- 2 eggs
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml oregano
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 4 chicken leg quarters, separated into thighs and legs and skin removed if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°. Wash chicken and pat dry. Line a sheet pan with foil and place a wire rack over it.
- Drizzle oil over Melba crumbs, toss to coat and set aside.
- In a shallow dish or pie plate, mix eggs, mustard, thyme, salt, pepper, oregano and garlic powder.
- Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture and then roll in crumbs pressing to coat. Place on rack and bake for 40 minutes or till juices run clear. Allow to sit for 5 minutes and serve.