Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A versatile raspberry sauce. Can be used in Peach Melba, Raspberry Fool, or even drizzled over a piece of pound cake. **Tips below.
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries
- 1⁄2 cup red currant jelly
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon peel, finely grated
- 1 dash salt
- Thaw raspberries.
- Place in medium saucepan. Cover and gently simmer 15 minutes. Put through a fine strainer into a glass measuring cup, pressing gently to extract as much juice as possible. Discard seeds and pulp.
- Add water to juice, if necessary to make 2/3 cup. Return juice to clean pan. Add remaining ingredients. Simmer and stir until jelly melts, sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into an airtight jar. Cool. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- **For a thicker sauce, either add more jelly or do not dilute juice from raspberries.
- **If sauce becomes too thick, add water, bring to a boil and stir until smooth.
Made this to use in your Strawberries Chantilly, & also had it over frozen yogurt! Definitely a winning recipe, & next time I'll be doubling the recipe amounts! Very, very flavorful! Thanks much for sharing it!
This is a great sauce. My currant jelly never really set up and was more syrup like so it worked perfectly for this sauce. I served this with Abby's Cream Cheese Pound Cake on day one and had on pancakes the next morning.