This is quick to make up in your microwave, but you can also bake it in the oven. It has a terrific flavour, all the men in my family love it, and is nice to make when fresh peaches are out of season.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach halves in syrup, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup raspberry jam, preferably seedless
- 1 teaspoon amaretto liqueur
- 1Make crust first.
- 2Microwave butter in 9-inch glass pie plate 1/2-1 minute on High, or until melted.
- 3Mix in crumbs and 2 tbsp sugar; press onto bottom and up sides of pie plate.
- 4Microwave on High 1-1/2- 2 minutes or until hot.
- 5Next, make filling.
- 6Thoroughly drain peaches; arrange on crust.
- 7Microwave cream cheese in glass mixing bowl 1 minute on Medium or until soft.
- 8Blend in remaining ingredients except jam and Amaretto; pour over peaches.
- 9Microwave on High 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes or until edges are set; rotate once if your microwave does not have a turntable; let cool.
- 10Stir liqueur into jam; spoon onto pie and spread to cover.
- 11Refrigerate until served.
- 12You can make this in a conventional oven; mostly follow above directions but do the following instead of the above.
- 13For crust, melt butter in saucepan; remove from heat; add crumbs and sugar; press into pan.
- 14Assemble as directed using softened cream cheese.
- 15Bake at 350F degrees 15-20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melba Cheesecake Pie
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.7
- Calories from Fat 243
- Total Fat 27.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 102.9 mg
- Sodium 310.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 45.3 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: