Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is quick to make up in your microwave, but you can also bake it in the oven. It has a terrific flavour, all the men in my family love it, and is nice to make when fresh peaches are out of season.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach halves in syrup, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jam, preferably seedless
- 1 teaspoon amaretto liqueur
- Make crust first.
- Microwave butter in 9-inch glass pie plate 1/2-1 minute on High, or until melted.
- Mix in crumbs and 2 tbsp sugar; press onto bottom and up sides of pie plate.
- Microwave on High 1-1/2- 2 minutes or until hot.
- Next, make filling.
- Thoroughly drain peaches; arrange on crust.
- Microwave cream cheese in glass mixing bowl 1 minute on Medium or until soft.
- Blend in remaining ingredients except jam and Amaretto; pour over peaches.
- Microwave on High 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes or until edges are set; rotate once if your microwave does not have a turntable; let cool.
- Stir liqueur into jam; spoon onto pie and spread to cover.
- Refrigerate until served.
- You can make this in a conventional oven; mostly follow above directions but do the following instead of the above.
- For crust, melt butter in saucepan; remove from heat; add crumbs and sugar; press into pan.
- Assemble as directed using softened cream cheese.
- Bake at 350F degrees 15-20 minutes.