Recipe by Lennie
This is quick to make up in your microwave, but you can also bake it in the oven. It has a terrific flavour, all the men in my family love it, and is nice to make when fresh peaches are out of season.
Top Review by Myrna in London
If one is going to stray a wee bit from their diet, this is a dessert worth doing it for. I was attracted to the recipe because it could be done in the microwave, but at the same time apprehensive about doing so. After a quick review of the manual I felt fairly confident about the required power levels. It was actually pretty straightforward and the end result was absolutely delicious. The Amaretto in the topping added just the right finishing touch. I followed the ingredient list faithfully...but I would be more willing to experiment with light cream cheese and fat free sour cream in the future. Thank you Lennie. (prepared for the COOKOUT Cookathon July 1st - 4th 2002)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) can peach halves in syrup, drained
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry jam, preferably seedless
- 1 teaspoon amaretto liqueur
Directions See How It's Made
- Make crust first.
- Microwave butter in 9-inch glass pie plate 1/2-1 minute on High, or until melted.
- Mix in crumbs and 2 tbsp sugar; press onto bottom and up sides of pie plate.
- Microwave on High 1-1/2- 2 minutes or until hot.
- Next, make filling.
- Thoroughly drain peaches; arrange on crust.
- Microwave cream cheese in glass mixing bowl 1 minute on Medium or until soft.
- Blend in remaining ingredients except jam and Amaretto; pour over peaches.
- Microwave on High 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 minutes or until edges are set; rotate once if your microwave does not have a turntable; let cool.
- Stir liqueur into jam; spoon onto pie and spread to cover.
- Refrigerate until served.
- You can make this in a conventional oven; mostly follow above directions but do the following instead of the above.
- For crust, melt butter in saucepan; remove from heat; add crumbs and sugar; press into pan.
- Assemble as directed using softened cream cheese.
- Bake at 350F degrees 15-20 minutes.