Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a little different than the ice cream/peach combination. In my opinion, it's more yummy!
- 24 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 4 cups skim milk
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 200 g butter or 200 g margarine
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 ounce rum or 1 ounce vodka
- 1⁄2 cup brewed coffee, strong
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes sugar-free orange gelatin
- Line a spring form pan with foil and place Nilla wafers so that the bottom is covered. Reserve half of the wafers for later.
- Combine the cream and eggs. Bring the milk to a simmer and add the cream/egg mixture. Keep heating until the milk curdles and starts looking like cottage cheese. Place aside to cool.
- With a mixer, combine the sugar and margarine. Add the milk/cream mixture and beat until you get everything well combined. Add the rum or vodka.
- Divide the mixture in half. Add cocoa to one half.
- Place on top of the Nilla wafers first the dark, then the light milk/cream mixture.
- Soak the remaining wafers in coffee for a second and place on top of the mixture.
- Prepare gelatin according to directions and let sit in the fridge until it's set enough to place on top of the soaked Nilla wafers.
- Put back into fridge until gelatin and milk/cream mixture is all set and well chilled.
- *You can put strawberries on top of the wafers before adding the gelatin. It's a nice taste and looks pretty.