1 hr 30 mins
This is from The Silver Spoon. It's a fairly simple recipe but has worked very well every time I've tried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut Aubergines into slices.
- 2Salt the Aubergine slices for about an hour and then dry off.
- 3In the meantime, cook up the tomatoes, oil and basil with a dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- 4When the tomatoes are cooked, pass them through a sieve to strain out into a paste (I sometimes leave this bit out and have the 'bitty' tomato sauce).
- 5Fry the aubergine slices until they start to brown and pat them with kitchen paper to remove the excess oil.
- 6Whisk the eggs.
- 7Dot butter on the bottom of the oven dish
- 8Layer the aubergine with tomato sauce, mozzerella, parmesan and a thin covering of the egg until it is all used up.
- 9Put a layer of the whisked egg on the top (it just has to be a little).
- 10Cook in the oven at about 200C for 30mins.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Melanzane Parmigiana
Serving Size: 1 (646 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.6
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 136.5 mg
- Sodium 398.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.0 g
- Sugars 14.6 g
- Protein 19.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: