Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious and hearty recipe. Great alone or served over pasta.
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup slivered kalamata olive
- ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Brown ground beef in large skillet with onion and garlic. Add remaining ingredients (not necessary to drain the ground beef) and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
Thank you for this recipe. I didn't even have kalamata olives, and it was still delicious.
Very flavorful and easy to prepare. Enjoyed over "Farfale" (Bow tie) pasta.
Absolutely delicious! Make sure you use a large pot!