Recipe by Melanie B.
This is probably like many other recipes out there, and admittedlyI don't make it the same every time...but here's the basic recipe. I LOVE to make a giant pot of t his healthy chili and eat it for lunch during the week or even in/on my egg-substitute omelet for breakfast.
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large fresh tomato, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chicken stock, fat free
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup green chili, fresh roasted, seeded & peeled
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients into a crock pot, and cook on medium-low heat for 4-6 hours. The longer it cooks at a low heat intensifies the flavor.
- Adjust the seasoning as you feel necessary for your taste buds.
- I like to serve with some fresh chopped cilantro and a teaspoon of fat free sour cream.