Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My friend's great recipe that has solved the quick "dinner dilema" more than once! Thanks Mel! (OAMC instructions included)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken (3-4 skinless, boneless, breasts)
- 4 cups of your favourite pasta sauce, or more if you like it really saucy!
- 1 (19 ounce) can pineapple tidbits
- 4 cups your favourite uncooked pasta
- 2 cups grated cheese, marble works well
- 1 dash oregano
- Cook Pasta until tender.
- Drain pineapple.
- Combine rest of ingredients, place into casserole dish and top with cheese and oregano.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Great with garlic bread or cheese toast.
- **for OAMC: label and freeze after step 3. Defrost overnight and bake covered 45-60 minutes or until heated through. Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes, if desired. To bake from frozen, double baking time.
I guess I can review the recipe that you stole from me!!! I really enjoy this dish and it can also be made in a crockpot and using raw chicken!! If you use raw chicken in the crockpot, you have to have the crockpot set on high to insure that the chicken reaches a high enough temperature quickly. It is a real time saver! I've also thrown all the ingredients into a freezer bag to pull out and put in the crockpot at a later date, so I guess this could actually be added to OAMC list!
Easy to make, though a tad bland. I used mozzarella and cheddar. Next time will try a zingier sauce.
We thought this dish was ok. My husband only had one serving. It is quick and easy and has few ingredients, which is nice.