Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish goes best with my chicken and dumplings recipe. Tremendously good.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 4 scallions, chopped (green part only)
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscuit mix (bisquick)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions and cook till tender.
- In a large bowl, combine milk, biscuit mix, stirring until moistened.
- Fold in onion, corn and 3/4 cup cheese.
- Spoon dough into pie pan or round casserole dish.
- Mix melted butter and onion salt and drizzle over mixture.
- Sprinkle scallions over top.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Add remaining 3/4 cup cheese to top and bake 5 minute more.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
This was good, but more like a corn casserole than a bread. The ingredient list includes an egg, but the directions do not say when to use it. I added it with the milk.
i have made this recipe twice and it was a hit both times! I made it with low-fat bisquick, 2% cheese and soy milk to cut some calories. It was amazing.