Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
My mother makes this in a bundt cake pan for Christmas.A very moist,dense cake.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 5 -6 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time.
- Add milk alternately with sifted dry ingredients.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- While cake is still hot drizzle with glaze.
This is a great recipe. I thought the glaze would make it too sweet- it seemed as it was so much. I was wrong, it gave a nice sweet finish to the cake, It was scrumptious. My 10 year old nephew even thought it was terrific. I might have been generous with the spices,but it only added to it.Yum