Recipe by Deantini
These little dumplings are delicious and fluffy and a stable in a traditional Danish Soup
Top Review by thisgurlluvs2cook
My mom made these all the time while I was a kid growing up. She dropped them in hot chicken or vegetable soup and they were so good. This recipe is exactly the same as her recipe. SO good..now I am off to make some chicken soup and bollers!
Directions See How It's Made
- melt butter in water.
- remove from heat and stir in flour.
- place back on heat and stir agressively for 1-2 minutes until combined.
- remove from heat and let cool a bit.
- stir in eggs, one at a time.
- stir in salt.
- heat a pot of water to near boil, have another bowl of iced water nearby.
- place dough in a traditional danish melbolle press and cut with knife into hot water (WATER MUST NOT BOIL). If you do not have a melbolle press you could use a spoon, however, the dumplings will be larger and not as uniform.
- let the dumplings sit in the almost boiling water for 10 min; place into cold water and remove after a bit.