Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great salad recipe incorporating cauliflower, potato & salad leaves. It is really good in Ramadan also.
- 155 g potatoes, cut into matchstick sized strips
- 200 g small cauliflower florets
- 45 g tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 30 ml olive oil (optional)
- 45 ml plain yogurt
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 15 ml white vinegar
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- salt and pepper
- 20 g torn arugula leaves
- 55 g torn lettuce leaves
- oil (for deep frying)
- Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Deep fry the potato sticks until crispy and golden brown, about 4 minutes. Remove, and drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Deep fry the florets in two batches until golden brown; drain on paper towels. Allow the cauliflower to cool until just warm.
- Stir together tahini and olive oil in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add cauliflower, arugula, and lettuce; toss to coat with the dressing.
- Place salad onto serving plates, and sprinkle with the potato sticks.