Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My Spanish boyfriend, who loves to cook, showed me this super-easy, colorful, and tasty appetizer using cold cooked mussels. These are sold pre-cooked in Spanish supermarkets, but you could cook them ahead and refrigerate them.
- 2 dozen cooked mussels
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced fine
- 1 small green bell pepper, minced fine
- 1 small red onion, minced fine
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Remove the top shell from the mussels and arrange them on a platter.
- Sprinkle the mussels evenly with the peppers and onion.
- Drizzle liberal amounts of extra virgin olive oil over the platter.
- Generously squeeze lemon juice over the ingredients. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Yum ! DH is the shellfish eater in this house and he liked these. I cooked my mussels myself: the typical Dutch way, with some mussel herbs and veggies (finely sliced onion, leek, carrot and herbs) and a bottle of good belgium beer... disgard any that don't open after cooking. Dh's verdict was that the pepper and onion etc mix wasn't bad, but that he wouldn't want it too often. he did however enjoy his meal. Please see my rating system: 4 lovely stars for a tasty recipe. Thanks! (Recipe made for Pick A Chef Spring 2008)