Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is DELICIOUS and people always want the recipe. I got the recipe in a cooking class taught by Meiling Dawson @ Orson Gygi. It's very similar to the recipe http://www.food.com/recipe/mango-coconut-ice-cream-vegan-237611. But this one is a topping for vanilla ice cream, and that one is thickened and made into ice cream.
- 2 ripe mangoes (I use the mangoes that are a little oblong and yellow in color when ripe... they are GREAT)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Peel mangos and cut fruit from pit.
- Puree all ingredients except one mango in food processor.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or more.
- Serve a generous portion over vanilla ice cream as well as remaining fresh, chopped mango. I triple the recipe for a dinner party -- which is enough for about a gallon of ice cream.
My wife and boys love mango and this did not disappoint. A great alternative to the heavy syrups. We're looking forward to trying with another fruit. Thanks for another keeper! Made for PAC Spring 2012.