Recipe by keth
This is from a Meijer's brand label of cream of chicken soup. This has got to be the easiest, fast, and cheapest way to make a soul warming comfort dish in a hurry, on a week night. Made this way, you could substitute rice for the pasta, or crab or shrimp for the chicken. If desired, you could also add 2 cups cooked spinach for color.
Top Review by Me & Mr. Jones
This got the thumbs-up from both DS. I chose to make it as a casserole for my OAMC. I used rotini instead of fettucine, and chopped up the chix breast after cooking, but those were my only deviations. These freezes very well. Thanks for posting, keth.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups fettuccine pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles per package directions. In large skillet, brown chicken and garlic in oil; remove. In same skillet, whisk together soup, milk, mustard, and pepper.
- Return chicken to skillet. Simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through and no pink remains, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken from sauce; stir in cheese. Slice each chicken breast diagonally into 3/4 inch slices. Arrange chicken on top of noodles. Spoon sauce over.