1/4 Photos of Mei-Ling’s Beer Bread
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe was given to me by a dear friend. Time does not include cooling time and the number of slices will depend on the thickness of the slices. I just made this for the first time. It was moist and light with a nice crispy crust. My loaf didn't rise much but it may be because my beer was cold... I also placed a piece of tin foil under the pan incase it overflowed. I did notice a slight smell of beer when I took the loaf out of the oven, then again when I sliced it but did not notice it when I ate a slice with butter on it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl except butter (batter will be lumpy and very thick).
- 3Put in a greased 9X5 loaf pan.
- 4Spread melted butter over top of batter prior to baking for crispy top.
- 5Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees or until top is golden brown.
- 6Remove from pan and cool for at least 20 minutes.
- 7NOTE: If not using self-rising flour, you will need to add 3 teaspoons baking powder plus 1 teaspoon salt.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mei-Ling’s Beer Bread
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 264.7
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.0 mg
- Sodium 725.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 6.3 g