Recipe by Surfsider
This recipe has a most romantic source. A few years ago my husband and I chartered a small gulet to explore the coast of Turkey. Our captain, cook and guide was Mehmet. We moved around the Gulf of Fethiye, looking at ruins and swimming by day, mooring each night in a different place. One night, Mehmet cooked these beans and gave me the recipe. I'm very happy that I can share it with you.
Top Review by KissKiss
I forgot to buy the broad beans for this recipe but had two cans of green beans at home. I halved the recipe and used my green beans instead. What a sauce! Everyone in the family enjoyed it, and I can't wait to make it again with the broad beans. Thanks for a keeper!
- 2 k broad beans, single peeled
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 (400 g) canpeeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup yoghurt
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry the onions in the olive oil, and add the garlic for the last few seconds.
- Add the beans and tomatoes and cook uncovered until the beans are tender.
- Add water towards the end if necessary.
- When the beans are cooked, add yoghurt off the heat and in small amounts at a time.
- Add the tomato paste.
- Re-heat gently, season and serve as a side dish, or cool and serve as a salad.