Recipe by Megohm
A simple soup, not a terribly complex flavour, but all of you lushes will appreciate it, I’m sure. A rich chicken broth, romano beans, cabbage, and pasta . Peasant-tastic!
For the broth
- 8 cups water
- 1 chicken carcass (or a few chicken backs)
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 1 stalk celery, roughly cut
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, in chunks
- 12 peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 2 whole garlic cloves, peeled (smash em up if you want)
For the rest of it
- 1⁄4 head green cabbage, chopped into 2 inch pieces (or however you want, really)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked romano cheese or 1 1⁄2 cups cranberry beans
- spaghetti, enough to cover 1 . 5 inches in diameter, broken in half
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all ingredients from the first set in a large pot, bring to a simmer.Skim the scum off as you go.
- Cover with a lid, ajar, over low-ish heat for 45 minutes to an hour. Until the broth tastes good. Check for salt at this point.
- Strain everything, and return the broth back to the pot, along with some of the chicken, if you care too. Otherwise, feed it to your cat.
- Then, add all remaining ingredients (cabbage, beans, spaghettini), and cook until spaghettini is done. Check for seasoning, top with some grated parmesan or romano, and eat with more bread than you think is humanly possible. May this alleviate all hunger or hangover pains!