Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
My neighbor, Meg, shared this recipe with me. I've fixed them for holiday meals several times now and they are a big hit with my family! Everyone asks for the recipe, so now I'm posting it here.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans green beans
- 6 slices bacon, cut in half
- 3⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Roll six or seven green beans in bacon strips to make bundles.
- Place in 9 x 13 pan.
- Heat remaining ingredients in saucepan until butter is melted.
- Pour over bundles.
- Bake covered in 350 drgree oven for 30 minutes-- Uncover and cook 15 minutes.
- Broil if needed to brown the bacon.
Wonderful recipe! I tend to double or triple the green beans and just drain and dump in a 9" x 13" pan sprinkle with the bacon and pour the sauce over the beans and bacon. Always devoured!
This was a recipe that we used at our Twisted Sister's Cookie Club Event. We loved these. Thanks for posting.
This is a great recipe! I have started to make double, even triple, batches in the crock-pot. I just drain the green beans and cover with chopped bacon then drizzle the butter/sugar/garlic on top. It divine and so easy! Thanks!