Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Here is a fruity, oatmeal cookie I made up in honor of my beautiful daughter-in-law, Meghan.
Make and share this Meghan's Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried tropical fruit (mango, papya & pineapple bits)
- Cream sugars and shortening together.
- Add eggs and vanilla, beating well.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Stir in fruit.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased cookie sheets and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 11-12 minutes.
I am not a big fan of tropical dried fruit or oatmeal. I was making these to take to a friend because they sounded like something she might enjoy. I tried one to make sure they were gone and was surprised at how good they were. Delish when they were still warm from the oven. I may just have to keep some for our house too!
I really liked these cookies!! I made them with butter instead of crisco but turned out just fine. I would also suggest adding either white choc chips or maybe some macadamian (is that right?) nuts just for a variation. I also added more dried fruit than called for. I figured more is better right? Thanks for such a great recipe!