Recipe by Crockpotgirl
I love chili in the winter, and I actually like this one a lot. Tastes great with corn chips or over rice. For two people this can make 4 or 5 meals for the week. Im also not big on a lot of sodium in my diet, so this recipe uses no salt tomatoes and only 1/2 packet of spices.
- 1 cup of chopped fresh onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can campbell's tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) cangoya black beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) cangoya kidney beans (drained)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) packetof mccormicks mild chili seasoning mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canof hunts no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups of shredded cheese (cheddar cheese or 1 1/2 cups colby works best)
- just a touch olive oil
- Pam cooking spray or simliar cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown turkey in a pan. Add a few drops of olive oil, this seems to keep the turkey nice and moist and from sticking.
- Spray crock pot with cooking spray.
- Add entire ingredients except for shredded cheese, and stir.
- Cook for 4 hours on medium, stirring occasionally.
- In last 30 minutes or so, add shredded cheese, as much or as little as you desire.
- Eat and enjoy with Fritos, Tostitos, or over rice or a baked potato!