Recipe by ann teapot
Middle Eastern vegetarian dish, can be spelt many different ways. This is not the authentic version, I have added the peas. carrots and s/corn for colour.
Directions See How It's Made
- boil the rice in the normal way (drain).
- cook the lentils in the normal way (drain).
- cook the peas/carrots and sweetcorn as usual (drain).
- fry some onions in a little vegetable oil.
- mix them all together in a large bowl.
- Add the pepper and coriander and some salt as rice seems to need it.
- I use a low sodium kind anyway There are no real proportions as you keep making it you will get the feel of it.
- excellent hot or cold, and can be served with crusty bread or I leave it to your imagination.