Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
We have a tradition in our large family that the birthday boy or girl is allowed to request the dinner entree on their special day. This is their most-requested dish! It's the perfect marriage of seasoned meat and cheese and so easy to make!
- 3 lbs 85% lean ground beef, drained
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 3⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 2 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 5 whole eggs, beaten
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- Saute beef and onion until no pink remains in the meat and onions are translucent. Drain. Season with salt and pepper.
- Thoroughly grease a 9" x 13" baking dish. Spread meat mixture into baking dish, then sprinkle with 1-1/2 cups of the shredded cheese. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Bisquick, milk and beaten eggs. Stir well, until nearly smooth. Pour over meat mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the casserole comes out clean. Decorate the top of the entree with sliced tomatoes, then remaining cheese. Return to oven for approximately 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and tomatoes are slightly softened.