Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Food Network it's a Aaron McCargo Jr. recipe from Big Daddy's House.
- 2 lbs elbow macaroni
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 onion, finely diced
- 4 celery ribs, finely diced
- 1⁄4 cup pickle relish
- 3 cups heavy mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- In a large pot with salt, boil pasta for 12 to 15 minutes until cooked. Stir often. Drain and cool. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a large pot with a dash of salt, add eggs on medium high heat. Bring to a boil. Cover and remove from heat. Let eggs sit for 6 to 7 minutes. Remove eggs and shock in ice water. Once thoroughly cooled, peel eggs and roughly dice.
- Place pasta in a large bowl. Add onions, celery, eggs, relish, mayonnaise, salt and pepper, hot sauce and Worcestershire. Mix until well combined.
This recipe is great! I've been looking for a recipe for a classic macaroni salad and this one from Big Daddy is it. Since it makes a lot I quartered the recipe when I made it for supper. It would be great for picnics, potlucks and church suppers