Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 lb fresh tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons kirsch
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 ladyfingers
- 8 ounces cream cheese (Soften Cream Cheese to room temperature.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces almonds, Ground (Grind Almonds in the blender, if ground almonds are not available.)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- pistachio nut, Chopped
- Wash and drain cherries.
- Remove stones and reserve 8 whole cherries for garnish.
- Place cherries in a bowl; add kirsch.
- In a small pan boil 3 T sugar and the water for a minute to make a thin sugar syrup.
- Add syrup to cherries; stir to blend.
- Cover and let soak for 20 minutes.
- Cut the ladyfingers in half, divide into 4 portions, and place in individual glass dishes.
- Arrange cherries on top.
- Thoroughly blend cream cheese, 3 T sugar, vanilla extract, and ground almonds.
- Whip the cream and carefully fold it into the cream-cheese mixture.
- Spoon over the cherries.
- Garnish with the chopped pistachio nuts and whole cherries.