Recipe by telallgirl
This is a recipe that my grandmother made for our family get-togethers. It had no alcohol, so it's safe for kids but the adults love it too! Note that this requires freezing the day before and thawing for a few hours before serving. Also, note that people love the frozen part so much that they generally chunk off extra pieces to put in their drink, so it might not be a bad idea to make two batches, especially since it's frozen anyway and can be used later.
- 4 cups sugar
- 6 cups water
- 5 bananas (not too ripe)
- 1 (46 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen orange juice
- 2 (2 liter) bottles ginger ale
Directions See How It's Made
- Things you'll need: Large pot for boiling, can opener, small containers with lids for freezing, utensils for stirring and mashing.
- In a large pot mix the lemonade and orange juice as directed on can.
- Add sugar and the additional six cups of water to the pot.
- Boil for three minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- While cooling, peel and then mash the bananas into a pulp.
- After the contents of the pot are cool, add in the mashed bananas and can of pineapple juice. Stir until well blended.
- Pour into small containers and freeze.
- Serving Directions: Two to three hours before ready to use, set needed containers out of freezer so they can begin to get "mushy". Place some of the frozen concoction into the punch bowl and pour ginger ale over. Continue adding more of the frozen mixture as it disappears.