1/1 Photo of Mee Sua in Chicken and Vegetable Soup
2 hrs 10 mins
Mee sua is a type of chinese noodles - better described as fine wheat vermicelli. It is made with some salt, so it adds flavour to the soup. The soft texture of the noodles, mixed in a clear broth - makes it a very soothing and comforting dish. Chicken soup (and mee sua) for the soul!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 g vermicelli (my favourite brand is "Amoy mee sua")
- 220 g chicken leg meat, cubed
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 cup bok choy
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 10 cups water
- 200 g whole chicken breasts
- 1 shallot (sliced and fried until golden brown)
- 3 red chilli padi, sliced
- 1Mix seasoning ingredients with cubed chicken leg and leave for 1 hour.
- 2Boil water and add chicken breasts and carrots to make the broth.
- 3For best results, boil broth on high heat in a crockpot for 2 hours.
- 4Transfer broth to a soup pot.
- 5Add seasoned chicken leg to broth and boil on top of a stove until chicken is cooked.
- 6Add noodles, bok choy and beansprouts and boil for about 3-4 minutes until noodles are soft but not mushy.
- 7Add soya sauce and chinese wine to taste.
- 8Sprinkle sliced shallots and garnish with chilli padi.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mee Sua in Chicken and Vegetable Soup
Serving Size: 1 (1486 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.5
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 68.6 mg
- Sodium 652.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
whole chicken breasts
red chilli padi