Prep 2 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Mee sua is a type of chinese noodles - better described as fine wheat vermicelli. It is made with some salt, so it adds flavour to the soup. The soft texture of the noodles, mixed in a clear broth - makes it a very soothing and comforting dish. Chicken soup (and mee sua) for the soul!
- 150 g vermicelli (my favourite brand is "Amoy mee sua")
- 220 g chicken leg meat, cubed
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 cup bok choy
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 10 cups water
- 200 g whole chicken breasts
- 1 shallot (sliced and fried until golden brown)
- 3 red chilli padi, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons Chinese wine (unsalted)
- Mix seasoning ingredients with cubed chicken leg and leave for 1 hour.
- Boil water and add chicken breasts and carrots to make the broth.
- For best results, boil broth on high heat in a crockpot for 2 hours.
- Transfer broth to a soup pot.
- Add seasoned chicken leg to broth and boil on top of a stove until chicken is cooked.
- Add noodles, bok choy and beansprouts and boil for about 3-4 minutes until noodles are soft but not mushy.
- Add soya sauce and chinese wine to taste.
- Sprinkle sliced shallots and garnish with chilli padi.