Member #610488's Note:
This is a Malaysian/Singaporean recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb precooked fresh Chinese egg noodles (rinsed, drained, cut in half) or 1 lb fresh fettuccine (cooked, drained, tossed with a bit of peanut oil)
- 10 stalks choy sum or 5 whole small baby bok choy
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sweet soybean paste (Tauco, Thai style P. Pra Teep Thong brand, Kwong Hung Seng brand)
- 7 ounces medium shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 1/2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 4 tablespoons warm water
- 2 teaspoons double black soy sauce (Koon Chun brand preferred)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1Clean and dry veggies, cut as desired.
- 2Heat the oil in a wok over medium heat until it shimmers, and then add the garlic and sweet soybean paste. Stir constantly until garlic is no longer raw but not browning. Toss in shrimp and stir-fry until they turn pink.
- 3Add the greens and raise the heat to high. Stir-fry until the greens begin to wilt, then toss in the sprouts, cook another 15 seconds, reduce heat slightly, and toss in the noodles, detangling them as you add them.
- 4Toss everything together, add the rest of the ingredients (except the pepper), and cook while stirring until the noodles have soaked up all the liquid (2 min). Adjust the seasoning and sprinkle with black pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mee Goreng Tauceo (Stir-Fried Noodles With Shrimp and Greens)
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 811.1
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 211.6 mg
- Sodium 783.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 112.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 32.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: