Reminds me most pleasantly of SE Asia, with the most intoxicating smell... Note: It's a stir-fry, so you can add anything you want e.g 1 potato, some shrimp, chicken or other meat, other vegetables etc.
- 500 g fresh hokkien noodles
- 50 ml oil
- 100 g deep fried tofu
- 4.92 ml curry powder
- 1 medium onion, choppede
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 14.79 ml hot chili sauce
- 59.16 ml ketchup
- 22.18 ml light soy sauce
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 stalk spring onion, sliced
- 1 large green chili, deseeded and sliced
- 2 cucumbers, chopped
- Put the noodles into a colander and rinse under warm running water, or separate according to instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Add curry powder and onion and stir-fry over medium heat until soft, about 4 minute.
- Add the noodles, tomato, chilli sauce, tomato sauce and soy sauce and stir-fry over medium heat for 3 min, mixing well.
- Pour over the beaten egg and leave to set for a min or so, then mix in with the noodles.
- Add the tofu.
- Add the spring onions, cucumber and chilli.
- Serve with additional tomato and chilli sauce, and cucumber slices on the side, if desired.