Recipe by CJAY
Found on alleasyrecipes.com. Posted for ZWT8- Spain/Portugal.
Top Review by katew
This is my sort of recipe as it is so versatile. Any vegies can be used, leftovers or fresh. I used a mixture of both . I loved the addition of rice as it sort of creates a soupy risotto and I served it with grated cheddar on top. Made for ZWT8.
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring some good quality veal stock to the boil, then add a mixture of cut-up vegetables, such as potatoes, turnips, cabbage celery and previously soaked and cooked haricot beans.
- Simmer gently until all the vegetables are well cooked.
- About 20 minutes before serving, add a few spoonfuls of rice and of vermicelli, with a good pinch of saffron, and continue cooking until these are done.
- The finished soup should be thick and satisfying.
- Note: No amounts are given so you can make this soup your way. You can use any vegetables you want for this. I used 6-8 servings just to fill that spot.