Recipe by Lalaloula
This recipe offers a sligthly modern (maybe even exotic) twist on your traditional oven-baked (root) veggies. Fresh lime juice paired with cinnamon sugar and feta cheese accentuate the veggie's deliciousness perfectly to make a very yummy dish! Feel free to use other vegetables if there are any you can't get or dislike.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
Oh yummmm! The cinnamon makes this side-dish dessert like - went great with chicken on the grill tonight. Instead of kohlrabi, I used a turnip like another reviewed suggested - which was my favorite. I nixed the feta as well. Like Andi, I put mine under the broiler to brown a bit - they weren't browning but were definitely done around 25-30 minutes. Looking forward to leftovers tomorrow!
- 1 bunch carrot (8 small)
- 1 kohlrabi
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 limes or 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 zucchini
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon (more if you like)
- 90 g feta cheese (more if you like)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, clean and cut veggies into long finger-thin pieces (like french-fries). Make sure to separate kohlrabi and carrots from the other veggies as they need to bake longer.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Mix lime/lemon juice, oil, cinnamon,salt and sugar.
- Spread carrots and kohlrabi pieces on a baking sheet. Pour some of the marinade on top and make sure to coat well. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Add rest of the veggies and coat with remaining marinade.
- Bake for 10 more minutes and then crumble the feta cheese over the veggies.
- Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread or enjoy as is. :).