Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
After being inspired by a recipe I found on Pinterest, I decided to enter a salsa competition at work. I broke out the blender and purchased some basic salsa ingredients in bulk and started creating! This is a restaurant style salsa made with just enough jalapenos to be dangerous!
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, Fire Roasted
- 283.49 g can rotel
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 limes, Juiced
- 2 jalapenos, with seeds and membrane chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 9.85 ml salt
- Put all ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse/blend until combined.
A very good recipe. As I like my salsa a little thicker I did drain the canned tomatoes. The 2 medium jalapenos was the right amount of heat for us. No need to buy pre-made when homemade is just a few steps away. Made for PAC Fall 2012.