Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick, easy sandwich that is delicious and filling.
- 1 loaf round focaccia bread (1 lb.)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese or 4 ounces provolone cheese, in 4 slices
- 1 medium green pepper, sliced
- 1 slice red onion, separated into rings
- 2 cups shredded cooked rotisserie chicken (from the deli)
- Slice focaccia in half horizontally.
- Mix the mayonnaise and pesto together in a small bowl.
- Spread the mixture onto the cut surfaces of the bread.
- On the bottom half of the bread, layer with tomatoes, cheese, bell pepper, and onion.
- Evenly place chicken on top of vegetables.
- Cover with top half of bread and press down gently.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
- Note-- I sprinkle with salt and pepper as I am layering the sandwich.