Recipe by Frau Noeding
A friend of a friend made this dish at a party and it was so simple, tasty and beautiful. I didn't get the recipe, so I guessed on the proportions and it came out perfect. This is best served at room temperature. Enjoy!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Talk about save the best for last....this is amazing. I'm not a lover of salad, this is not salad, but its not a hot dish either, its just... amazing. I've put it together for my 'lunches', and oh my gosh, the flavours are so diverse and yet complimentary, its fresh yet substantial, its just...amazing. I didn't have wild rice, so I used brown. Other than that, no changes. This looks complicated, and yet, step-by - step, it takes no time at all. Wunderbar..... Made for PAC Spring 2008
- 226.79 g box gemelli pasta, cooked al dente
- 396.89 g can cooked wild rice, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 green bell pepper, diced small
- 118.29 ml sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 118.29 ml kalamata olive, sliced
- 6-8 scallions, with some greens, chopped
- 118.29 ml pine nuts, toasted
- 3-4 large garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil (approx.)
- 44.37 ml balsamic vinegar (approx.)
- 59.14 ml fresh basil, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Begin to drizzle olive oil and vinegar onto the mixture. Stir to combine. Keep adding oil and vinegar until all ingredients are moistened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle on the basil. Refrigerate for a couple of hours. Pull out and stir. If mixture seems dry add a little more oil and/or vinegar to moisten.
- Serve at room temperature.