A friend of a friend made this dish at a party and it was so simple, tasty and beautiful. I didn't get the recipe, so I guessed on the proportions and it came out perfect. This is best served at room temperature. Enjoy!
- 0.5 (1 lb) box gemelli pasta, cooked al dente
- 1 (14 ounce) can cooked wild rice, drained
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 6 -8 scallions, with some greens, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 -4 large garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil (approx.)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (approx.)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Begin to drizzle olive oil and vinegar onto the mixture. Stir to combine. Keep adding oil and vinegar until all ingredients are moistened. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle on the basil. Refrigerate for a couple of hours. Pull out and stir. If mixture seems dry add a little more oil and/or vinegar to moisten.
- Serve at room temperature.