Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
You will fall in love with this Greek dish.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs tilapia fillets
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon sliced olive
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- In a small sauce pan, combine onions, garlic, tomatoes, wine, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Place fish fillets in a baking dish. Pour tomato mixture on top of fish.
- Bake at 350 degrees f for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, until fish flakes easily. Sprinkle olives and feta cheese on top and serve.
My husband and I both loved this dish...I did add a little more garlic, wine and black olives... the combination of flavors was excellent...went together quickly with very little cleanup...Thank you for sharing this...This is a keeper.
We all really liked this dish. This is my second time making it!The only thing I did differently is mash the tomatoes after the 20 minute simmering and then I cooked the fish in the sauce on the stovetop.
This dish tasted awsome and was easy to prepare. Very flavorful way to make boring old white fish. I also made it with chicken (I doubled this recipe for 1lb chicken), again it was really good.