Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tasty veggie wraps with a taste of feta and topped with low fat pesto. from Heart Healthy Cooking by Becel
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (Becel)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped peeled eggplants
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, smashed (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 low-fat flour tortillas, 6 inch
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared low-fat pesto
- Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- In a large nonstick frypan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- Saute onion and peppers 3 minutes.
- Add eggplant, zucchini, garlic, basil, thyme and oregano, saute 5 minutes more.
- Add tomato, salt and pepper.
- Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened and veggies are tender.
- Cool slightly.
- Spoon filling onto centre of tortillas, dividing evenly.
- Sprinkle each with about 1 tablespoon of the feta.
- Wrap up, secure with wooden picks, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and heated through.
- To serve, cut each wrap in half and top with 1 teaspoon pesto.
- Low fat pesto:.
- to prepare a small quantity of low fat pesto for this recipe, combine in a small food processor until well blended: 2 tablespoons each, veggie oil (becel) and chopped fresh basil, 1 tablespoon 40% less fat grated parmesan cheese, 2 teaspoons pine nuts and 1 clove garlic, smashed.