Tasty veggie wraps with a taste of feta and topped with low fat pesto. from Heart Healthy Cooking by Becel
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (Becel)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet green pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled eggplants
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, smashed (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 6 low-fat flour tortillas, 6 inch
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared low-fat pesto
- 1Preheat oven to 400f degrees.
- 2In a large nonstick frypan, heat oil over medium high heat.
- 3Saute onion and peppers 3 minutes.
- 4Add eggplant, zucchini, garlic, basil, thyme and oregano, saute 5 minutes more.
- 5Add tomato, salt and pepper.
- 6Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened and veggies are tender.
- 7Cool slightly.
- 8Spoon filling onto centre of tortillas, dividing evenly.
- 9Sprinkle each with about 1 tablespoon of the feta.
- 10Wrap up, secure with wooden picks, and place on a baking sheet.
- 11Bake for 10 minutes or until crisp and heated through.
- 12To serve, cut each wrap in half and top with 1 teaspoon pesto.
- 13Low fat pesto:.
- 14to prepare a small quantity of low fat pesto for this recipe, combine in a small food processor until well blended: 2 tablespoons each, veggie oil (becel) and chopped fresh basil, 1 tablespoon 40% less fat grated parmesan cheese, 2 teaspoons pine nuts and 1 clove garlic, smashed.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Veggie Wraps
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 78.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 260.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat flour tortillas
prepared low-fat pesto