Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is by Leslie Durso (Veggie Dreamgirl) and was featured on the VegNews website in July 2013.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olive, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) jar marinated artichokes, drained and chopped
- 2 cups spinach, chopped (fresh)
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1. In a large bowl combine beans, onion, and garlic. Using a potato masher, lightly mash until about half of beans are mashed. Add in remaining ingredients and stir well.
- 2. On a cutting board or clean work surface, use bean mixture to form burger patties with your hands. Make sure to pack tight.
- 3. In a lightly greased frying pan on medium-high heat, cook burgers for about 5 minutes on each side or until both sides are golden. Serve on a bed of greens or vegan hamburger bun.
Taste was okay, but it was very dry and fell apart while cooking