Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Very simple and simply delicious!
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/4-inch wedges
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced diagonally
- 2 crookneck yellow squash, sliced diagonally
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray large baking sheet with nonstick spray.
- Toss onion and next 5 ingredients together on prepared baking sheet; spread in single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake vegetables until tender and brown around edges, stirring occasionally, about 35 minutes.
- Makes 4 servings.
Great recipe Bev. I was wanting something a bit different and I just adore "zukes" so this was a delight. Needless to say, I "had" to add some fresh minced garlic but that was the only change I made. Thanks for posting.
This was an easy vegetable dish to prepare. We enjoyed the baked veggies instead of sautéing for a change. I made it just as you outlined and I served it with Chicken Parmesean and garlic bread. We had such a lovely dinner, Bev. I printed it out, and it goes into my t&t book. Thanks for sharing!
My husband and I loved these vegetables. Very easy to make and I like the tenderness of roasted veggies. Had a good zesty flavor from the vinegar and thyme. Best of all, low in fat. :) The vegetables went well with grilled chicken and salad. Thanks Bev.