- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (garbanzo beans)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup dry polenta
- 1 1⁄2 cups preshredded fresh parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and garlic, and sauté 30 seconds.
- Stir in black pepper, tomatoes, and chickpeas; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While stew cooks, bring 3 cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add polenta, stirring with a whisk. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cheese. Serve stew over polenta.