Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cook Book. Phases 1-4. Per Serving: 7.5 carbs, 5.5 net carbs, 2 grams fiber, 5 grams protein, 3.5 grams fat, 76 cal
- 7.39 ml olive oil
- 118.29 ml chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 473.18 ml water
- 396.89 g can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 118.29 ml chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- 236.59 ml chopped kale
- 118.29 ml sliced mushrooms
- 118.29 ml sliced green beans
- 118.29 ml diced zucchini
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil
- 29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in heavy 2-qt saucepan over med-low heat.
- Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 min, or until soft.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Stir in water, broth, and tomatoes, and bring to a boil.
- Add the kale and bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat, cover, and cook for 10 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, green beans, zucchini, and yellow squash.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to med and cook, uncovered, for 10 minute.
- Divide the soup amid bowls and garnish with the basil and parmesan.