From Dr. Atkins Quick & Easy New Diet Cook Book. Phases 1-4. Per Serving: 7.5 carbs, 5.5 net carbs, 2 grams fiber, 5 grams protein, 3.5 grams fat, 76 cal
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups water
- 14 ounces can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes in tomato juice
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced green beans
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat olive oil in heavy 2-qt saucepan over med-low heat.
- 2Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 min, or until soft.
- 3Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
- 4Stir in water, broth, and tomatoes, and bring to a boil.
- 5Add the kale and bring the soup to a boil, then lower the heat, cover, and cook for 10 minute.
- 6Add the mushrooms, green beans, zucchini, and yellow squash.
- 7Bring to a boil, then reduce to med and cook, uncovered, for 10 minute.
- 8Divide the soup amid bowls and garnish with the basil and parmesan.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Vegetable Soup - Atkins - 5.5 Net Carbs
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 2.2 mg
- Sodium 163.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 4.7 g