Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Cooking Light magazine. Great veggie soup.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup yellow squash, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- Heat a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion, saute 3 minutes.
- Add zucchini and yellow squash, saute 3 minutes. Add water and the next 5 ingredients (water through broth), bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer 3 minutes.
- Serve with yogurt.