Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe leads easily to adaptations by changing the vegetables depending what is in the market, in the garden or in the fridge. Recipe source: Farmer's Market flyer
- 1 lb cremini mushroom (or your favorite mushrooms)
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 zucchini or 1 small eggplant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 roasted peppers
- 2 -3 ounces goat cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 pinch sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pre-baked 9 inch pie shell
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Clean and chop all vegetables to bite size pieces.
- In a large skillet over medium heat saute the onions in half of the olive oil or butter until translucent. Stir in mushrooms and saute for 3-5 minutes longer, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a seperate skillet saute the zucchini and asparagus in the remaining oil or butter (1 tablespoon). Cook until tender. When vegetables have cooled squeeze out all excess moisture.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper and half and half together.
- In a partially baked 9-inch pie crust or crust fitted in a quiche pan, spread onion/mushroom mixture on bottom of crust, then add asparagus/zucchini mixture and then the goat cheese. Finally pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until cooked and top is set.
- Place quiche under broiler very briefly to brown.