Recipe by ellie_
This recipe leads easily to adaptations by changing the vegetables depending what is in the market, in the garden or in the fridge. Recipe source: Farmer's Market flyer
Top Review by Julie3551
Yummy! Beautiful quiche with a wonderful flavor, BUT the vegetables and custard were enough for four pies. I will make this again but I will use half of the veg and use only 1 cup of half and half. I'm estimating that this will make 1 9-inch deep-dish quiche.
- 1 lb cremini mushroom (or your favorite mushrooms)
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 zucchini or 1 small eggplant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 roasted peppers
- 2 -3 ounces goat cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 pinch sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pre-baked 9 inch pie shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- Clean and chop all vegetables to bite size pieces.
- In a large skillet over medium heat saute the onions in half of the olive oil or butter until translucent. Stir in mushrooms and saute for 3-5 minutes longer, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a seperate skillet saute the zucchini and asparagus in the remaining oil or butter (1 tablespoon). Cook until tender. When vegetables have cooled squeeze out all excess moisture.
- In a mixing bowl beat eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper and half and half together.
- In a partially baked 9-inch pie crust or crust fitted in a quiche pan, spread onion/mushroom mixture on bottom of crust, then add asparagus/zucchini mixture and then the goat cheese. Finally pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until cooked and top is set.
- Place quiche under broiler very briefly to brown.