1 hr 15 mins
This recipe leads easily to adaptations by changing the vegetables depending what is in the market, in the garden or in the fridge. Recipe source: Farmer's Market flyer
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cremini mushroom (or your favorite mushrooms)
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 zucchini or 1 small eggplant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 roasted peppers
- 2 -3 ounces goat cheese
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 pinch sea salt (or kosher salt)
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pre-baked 9 inch pie shell
- 1Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
- 2Clean and chop all vegetables to bite size pieces.
- 3In a large skillet over medium heat saute the onions in half of the olive oil or butter until translucent. Stir in mushrooms and saute for 3-5 minutes longer, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- 4In a seperate skillet saute the zucchini and asparagus in the remaining oil or butter (1 tablespoon). Cook until tender. When vegetables have cooled squeeze out all excess moisture.
- 5In a mixing bowl beat eggs, nutmeg, salt and pepper and half and half together.
- 6In a partially baked 9-inch pie crust or crust fitted in a quiche pan, spread onion/mushroom mixture on bottom of crust, then add asparagus/zucchini mixture and then the goat cheese. Finally pour in the egg mixture.
- 7Bake for 25-35 minutes or until cooked and top is set.
- 8Place quiche under broiler very briefly to brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mediterranean Vegetable Quiche
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.5
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 118.4 mg
- Sodium 291.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: